Wednesday, March 16, 2011

5 Places to Visit in Florida


Florida Keys - the string of tiny islands is several hours away from Orlando by car, or a couple hundred dollars away by plane.  By all accounts, it’s completely worth the time and money it would take to get there.  I’m dying to see the white sands and clear waters for myself and hopefully spend a little time walking in Hemingway’s footsteps (even if I hate his novels).

Amelia Island - I’ve been told these little island is gorgeous and would love to go horseback riding along the beaches.

Destin - if you haven’t spent a lot of time in the Southeast, you may have never heard of Destin, Florida.  It’s a popular vacation destination for families who live in this part of the country and I’m told it’s similar to Navarre Beach, which I love.

Plant City – about 75% of America’s strawberries come from here.  I love strawberries.  Naturally, I need to visit, preferably during the Strawberry Festival.

Sanibel Island - almost every Floridian I know has spent a romantic weekend on the world famous beaches of Sanibel Island.  The orientation of the island in the waters of the  Gulf of Mexico make it perfect for shelling as an inordinate amount of whole shells wash ashore constantly.

That’s my Florida wishlist.  I have just over 4 months to make the rounds.  Is there anywhere else I should make sure to visit?

Read more: 
 
If you are planning a Florida vacation check the cheap and best Orlando holiday rentals, Florida luxury villas and Orlando Villas at Fabvillas


No comments:

Post a Comment